Friday, October 1, 2010

Afternoon Delight

Yet once again I have survived another week here in the land of bright minds.  

Just the word "Friday" brings this sigh of relief over me.  No more answering to people.  No more pressure. Just relax and let the days to come flow on through.  If only I could capture this feeling in a bottle.  A little squirt of it each day would relieve the worry thoughts.  There would be no hectic to our daily lives.  People would just wake up to live life.  

Society forgets what is around them sometimes.  We don't realize that there is so much more to life than what we are presently doing.  Stop and picture this.  At this very moment I myself, am sitting here, enjoying a nice glass of pink lemonade, but what is the rest of the world doing?  Somewhere out there, people are starving, fighting, and working just to see the sun rise tomorrow.  Most of them will never get to enjoy the beauty of life to its fullest.  Be thankful for what you have.  Enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.  

Last week I wrote a paper on which song had influenced/changed me in some type of way.  The only thing I could think of was from one of my favorite movies, "Into The Wild."  The great artist Eddie Vedder, contributed his talent to the movies soundtrack and the one song that stands out is "Society."  It talks about not needing things to make it in this world.  It makes me want to stand up right now, walk out the door, and never look back.  We as a society forget about the beauty of Mother Nature.  One of my favorite things to do is to go for a drive and admire the wilderness I pass through.  I think to myself, "somehow each of these trees started from a tiny seed, and each grain of sand on the beaches washed ashore from the wide open ocean."  

I'll leave you on this thought and feel free to give me your thoughts on "Society."    

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!
    thnx for posting on the google help page. Follow me back:
    http://stu-dentdiaries.com
    http://climbreachachieve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete