Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday present

     Like any other day here in the land of bright minds, I once again traveled to and fro listening to the great Miles Davis.  There is just something about the way he plays that calms me and helps to uplift my day.  I feel the need to put on my well creased black dress pants (usually reserved for funerals) and dab a few squirts of cologne on to top it all off.  I look around and see the "gangsta" and the "douche bag" and I ask myself, "Really? Do these people really expect to be thought of as mature human beings when they act like they just stepped off the daycare bus?" Oh well I guess for now I'll just keep truckin' along.

     Also as I once again got sucked into the world of facebook, I saw a message from the Miles Davis page saying that they are releasing his Kind of Blue album on vinyl LP.  I can picture it now, lights dimmed, me in my funeral pants, cooking like Nigella Lawson, all while the sultry sound of "So What" plays along. So as my birthday is coming up, all I want this year is a record player. Just so I have another reason to soak in the glorious sound of Mr. Davis...   

No comments:

Post a Comment